Book Review: Around The World Through My Lens, By Jyoti Jha
Every avid traveller would agree that during their journey they meet many people and learn many things. Having a great desire to travel the world and discover new places has always compelled me to read about new places and travel-related articles. This book is an excellent and easy-to-read travelogue which combines stunning images with informative text. All in all, I enjoyed reading this book.
Round the corner, there may still be, a new place to discover
This is the subtitle of Jyoti Jha’s book - Around the world… through my lens. Her book has recently been launched at the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival. She introduces her book with these words
Travelling teaches beyond books…originates memories and leaves footprints.
In fact, I truly live with those words. Every avid traveller would agree that during their journey they meet many people and learn many things. Having a great desire to travel the world and discover new places has always compelled me to read about new places and travel-related articles. So there was no chance that I was going to miss this book.
You can always get to know about new places through the plethora of sources available on the internet. But as far as I am concerned, I love reading travellers personal experiences. Believe me, you will get to see another aspect of travelling and a different story to learn and enjoy.
About the Author
Winner of TOI Write India Season 3, Jyoti Jha is a professional content writer. Her passion for expressing through words, an observational nature and intensive listening skills, motivated her to pursue her passion for creative and content writing. She has also written a powerful write up for the anthology The Woman That I Am.
Cover (c) Jyoti Jha
I simply loved the picture featured on the cover showing a beautiful beach with travellers walking by holding hands together, leaving footprints behind but collecting a bundle of memories along with them. Jyoti’s book is all about her own travel experiences and memories that she made while travelling around the globe. Interestingly, she used one of her own pictures for the cover justifying the second half of the title Around the world… through my lens.
I mostly write travel posts for my blog and I can totally relate to this book. I just liked the way she covered details about places and expressed her experience through words and pictures.
The places she has visited are sprinkled around the globe. They include places like Andaman, Ooty From India. Popular tourist places of Europe like France, Belgium, Amsterdam, Prague, Vienna. London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Isle of Wight, Kingston Upon Thames, Lake District, Manchester, National Space Center (Leicester), Canary Wharf, Stratford Upon Avon, Oxford, Warwick Castle, York and Greenwich from the UK. Chicago, Washington DC, New Jersey, Door County, Racine from USA and Tokyo, Japan.
My Favourites From the Book
- This book will definitely take you to some awesome places around the world that every traveller could ever dream of.
- The title of each chapter truly reflects the essence of that place. Like Gothic York, Zealous London, Charming France and Scenic Edinburgh.
- A brief introduction and history of each place will not leave you clueless if you never heard of or visited that place before.
- No travel post is complete without pictures and she has chosen stunning pictures from her travel treasury. My favourites are the ones in London.
- This book really gives you a “sense of place” by telling you about their popular tourist attractions, things to do and what to expect, weather, food etc.
- She has also presented some interesting facts about some popular places.
- I can understand that there are some places that their beauty and grandeur can not be explained in one chapter but I must say that she beautifully covered every detail of her experience.
- Full of beautiful photographs and plenty of information, this book has given me lots of travel inspiration for the future.
I am amazed to read how beautifully each chapter of this book covers all the information, experiences and memories that she has for a place. The book is for all the travel enthusiasts and for those who want to know about new places as she has included a brief history and interesting facts about places. This book is an excellent and easy-to-read travelogue that combines stunning images with informative text. All in all, I enjoyed reading this book.
This book will really inspire you to travel the world and make wonderful memories with your loved ones.
Download your copy and see the world through her lens and feel the essence of places through her words. Who knows after reading this book you might start planning your next vacation!
Around the world…through my lens
Free to download for a limited time.
Download this book for FREE from here.